Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shopping/couponing scores at CVS!

So recently I've been trying to be more aware of spening money and how much is going out and coming in. Could this be in part to watching an entire marathon of Extreme Couponing? Possibly....

A co-worker suggested following the great web site For the Mommas, on couponing and matching up sales to coupons in order to save money. Holy cow it's working! How you ask?

Case in point:
Last week, I bought a 12 oz. bottle of contact solution for $7.99 and got $7.99 in ERB (CVS extra reward bucks). Don't know what they are? Read this or watch this.

Then, this week, I purchased 2 tubes of Colgate, 2 Crest toothbrushes, a bottle of Dial body wash, and a pack of pads and used my $7.99 ERB. I paid a whopping $2.30 out of pocket, and was given $5 in additional ERB!

THEN, if it couldn't get any better, I went again today to CVS (there's one right by my office!), and got a CoverGirl NatureLuxe mascara and lipstick/balm for $8 (I used my $5 ERB from above) out of pocket and got $5 more in ERB.

So in total, I spent $18 out of pocket (but keep in mind I still have $5 in ERB still in my wallet, so it's more like $13) and got:
Contact solution
2 full size toothpastes
2 toothbrushes
Full sized Dial body wash
Pack of pads
NatureLuxe mascara
NatureLuxe lip balm

1 comment: