Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday

I've been doing really well recently at CVS (see post below). I went in today to get some items and had a $10 off a $50 purchase and a bunch of ERB to use. Look below and try to figure out how much I spent for this haul.

2 Softsoap hand soaps
1 Softsoap body wash
1 Crest Pro Health Mouthwash
1 box of Kotex tampons
2 Colgate Toothpastes
Herbal Essence Shampoo
Herbal Essence Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hairspray
Herbal Essence Spray Gel
1 Edge Men’s shave cream
1 Skintimate Shave cream
24 rolls of Scott Toilet Paper
2 packs of Schick Xtreme ladies 4 blade razors
3 king sized candy bars

Grand total........$9.92! I paid $29.92 out of pocket but got back a $10 gas card for Exxon and a $10 CVS card back. This may have been the best couponing trip I've ever done.

And then Baby J and I went out to the thrift store last night because we had major rain and we couldn't go for a walk. I love thrifting because you'll never know what you'll find. Plus, our local Targets donate their surplus/salvage goods to the Goodwills so you can find never worn items at a fraction of the cost. I also have a Goodwill Shop n Save card, which gives you extra discounts on certain items (different every day and you never know what the employees will select for that day) on top of the low prices.

I walked out with this cute Merona skirt which I'm wearing today to work. I remember seeing this in the store and wanting it, but didn't want to shell out the $$ for it back in the fall. I got it for $2!

 Sorry for the poor lighting, my downstairs bathroom is this crazy shade of orange/pumpkin so it's kind of hard to photograph.



And then I also picked up my first piece of vintage Pyrex! Anyone who knows me, knows I love all things vintage, especially 60's-80's. I have a pile of vintage bedsheets and tablecloths that I could not resist purchasing, and I have a dream of one day having a collection like this of vintage Pryex wonderfulness:

image via Pinterest

But you have to start somewhere right? I picked up this pretty little piece for $2.97. She has a couple marks on her but is in otherwise great shape! So if you ever see some vintage Pyrex, in any colors, grab it for me--I'll give you $$ and maybe even make you a cool craft! :)


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment